Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Interesting moments in the life of Pippa

I've had a few interesting developments crop up in the last few days, with Miss Pippa.

Last weekend, I went out of town for a dog show with Charm.  My parents were so kind as to watch Britty, Buster, Willow, and Pippa for the weekend.  At my parents' house, the dogs were fed about an hour earlier than I usually feed them.  The day after I brought all the dogs home, I was in my office working and Pippa was in her corner on the dog bed, when 4 pm rolled around.  Pippa got up, came to the doorway of the office, and just looked at me.  I said hi to her and she wandered away.  A bit later, I heard an odd, sort of halfway bark coming from the living room.  I looked around and all the dogs except Pippa were in the office with me.  She'd been the one to bark and make noise!!!  Every day since then, Pippa has come to the doorway of the office sometime between 4 and 5 pm to remind me that she'd like her dinner!

For a few days now, I've noticed a stuffed toy carcass in the corner where Pippa likes to lay.  I assumed that one of my dogs put it there, since I've never seen Pippa touch a toy and my dogs are constantly dropping them in random places.  Today, I finally realized that Pippa might have brought that toy to her corner herself!  What brought me to that realization was finding the toy relocated to Pippa's crate.  I know none of my dogs would do that, so the only answer is that she put it in her crate herself.  I have no clue when she might have done that, but it was kind of exciting to know that she's been carrying a toy around!

This evening, for the first time ever, Pippa decided to lay in her crate with her front feet and chin resting on the door frame of the crate, instead of cowering in the back!  I tried to get a photo, but that spooked her in to retreating to the back of the crate.  Still, that's the first time she's felt safe enough to relax in her crate with the door open.

Every day with Pippa is just interesting.  She's a sweet dog, and she really wants to interact with me, she's just scared and doesn't know how.

3 comments:

  1. That is progress! She is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress Pippa!! Keep up the great work!

    Byron, Stephanie & Scout

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the new year has come but I haven't seen any news of Pippa.
    Are you still working with her or has she gone to a different home?
    It must have been very hard to keep trying to bring her out of her own self imposed shell.

    ReplyDelete