Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pippa relaxed!!!

This evening, I decided to take Pippa's rehab up a notch.  I decided that she was going to come out of her corner and sit on the couch with me for a few minutes.  I've tried this before, but as soon as I take my hands off of her, she scurries off the couch and runs back to her corner.  Tonight, I picked her up and carried her out of her corner and over to the couch.  I sat down with her and started just giving her a little massage.  After a few minutes, she put her head down and seemed to be enjoying it!!!  I decided to shift positions a little and see if she'd snuggle with me at all.  She got a little anxious as I shifted us both around so that she was laying next to my leg on the couch.  Once I got her situated, I just rested my hand on her back.  It took her a while, but eventually, she put her head down and settled in.  Then, she took a deep breath and relaxed!!!  I was so happy for her!  Of course, at nearly the same moment, Buster scratched at the door to be let in.  I gave it another minute, then got up.  As soon as I moved, Pippa jumped off the couch and scurried back to her corner.  Oh well....we'll try it again tomorrow.  She is making progress, even though it's very, very slow.

3 comments:

  1. What a great job you are doing - I look forward so much to these posts and getting to be updated on Pippa's progress. And clearly there is progress, even if it's slow. Thank you for giving Pippa the chance to have the life she deserves. LKL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you are doing - I look forward so much to these posts and getting to be updated on Pippa's progress. And clearly there is progress, even if it's slow. Thank you for giving Pippa the chance to have the life she deserves. LKL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny that Pippa 'scurries' through Buster's legs; Buster's a good sport.

    Pippa is getting a crash course in 'Socialization 101' and seems to be figuring it out. Good for her and kudos to you for your continued good works with our furry little friends.

    Brenda and the Brit-Brats, Kelcy Susie, Bodie and Max!

    ReplyDelete