Sunday, September 15, 2013

Still alive!

Sorry all!  Pippa and Kipling have been on vacations of their own while I was on vacation the week of Labor Day.  Then, due to scheduling, and an agility trial this weekend, they just stayed on vacation.  Pippa is coming back to my house sometime this coming week, and Kipling will be rejoining me soon as well.

Over the Labor Day weekend, I was off in Monroe, LA, showing Charm in conformation.  Then, I was home for two days and back on the road to Colorado.  I returned from Colorado last Monday, and was then swamped with work.  This weekend, I was gone all day Saturday and Sunday at an agility fundraiser trial with Charm and Buster.  I had a great time with all my trips and events, and Buster and Charm had fun and were great dogs!

So - Pippa has been staying with my parents while I've been gone.  Pippa has adjusted well.  She lays in the corner and seems to enjoy being brushed and petted.  According to my Mom, Pippa actually barked the other day - just one little bark - at thunder.  She didn't seem scared of it, though.  The report from my parents is as follows:  "Pippa is very curious as to where we are and even though she does not get up and look for us she will turn her head and try to see us when she hears our voice. She will look at us now and not turn her head away when we bend down to pet her. She does seem to enjoy the attention given to her. She watches us a lot as we are sitting in the same room as her and at times will sit up for awhile instead of laying down."

Kipling has been staying with a friend of mine who has experience working with fearful dogs.  She's been enjoying working with him.  Kipling has learned to leave cats alone, and has started coming up to her voluntarily at times.  Kipling was playing keep away and didn't want to go in his kennel - the cat got irritated at him, and chased him in to his crate and held him there until my friend rescued him.  He's been learning how to live with cats and Belgian Tervurens and that there are dogs other than Brittanys out there.  

I'll update more once they come back from their "vacations" and get settled back in at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment