Thursday, September 26, 2013

Another first for Pippa!

The little girl is getting more brave every day!  Tonight, she actually joined in getting in to mischief with my Britts.

At the back of my yard, I have a 4 and a half foot tall retaining wall, with 6 foot fencing on top of that.  My neighbor behind me is at a higher elevation and they have trees in their yard.  My Britts spend lots of time with their front feet on the retaining wall, watching for birds or critters in the trees and on top of the fence.  When I'm sitting on the patio, I'll often look up from a book or my cell phone or laptop and see the backs of two Brittanys stretched out with their front feet on the wall, heads turned upwards.  I usually call to them and ask them to get down, as Buster has been known to climb up on the wall to get closer to the critters.

Tonight, I was sitting outside, checking email on my phone.  I glanced up and saw two Britts side by side with front feet on the wall.  I called to Buster, and out of habit, was about to call to Charm when I realized that Charm was right next to me!  I looked again, and sure enough, the dog with her feet planted against the wall and stretched out to check out critters was Pippa!!!  Not only was she feeling brave enough to do what Buster was doing and check things out, she was right next to Buster!  Usually she keeps her distance from my dogs.

Also, I noticed this evening that when I went to feed Pippa, she was waiting for her food and didn't shy away from me like usual.  She's stopped flinching every time I approach.  She still watches me, but it's much less warily than she used to.  I think I'm actually seeing some real progress with her!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear Pippa is making progress. Missed your posts and are happy you are back!!

    ReplyDelete