Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 14: Getting to meet new people

Day 14:  I missed updating yesterday, so I'll hit that one first.  Yesterday, Pippa got to meet new people!  She was very brave and allowed herself to be petted.  She was hiding in her corner at the time, but she didn't cower quite as much as usual, so that's definitely progress.  I was gone most of the day yesterday, out on a play/swim outing with Charm.  While I was home, though, Pippa did a great job of moving when I asked her to, without being picked up.  She's starting to relax a little, and even stretched out on her side in her crate, rather than being all curled up in a ball.

Today, I had to go in to the office, so she had to be in her crate while I was gone.  Once I got home, though, she willingly went outside on her own, and trotted around the yard for a while.  She came inside and ate her dinner, the relaxed in her corner.  She's been doing very well with going to her crate when told and going outside when told.  She still doesn't like to come out of her corner unless something disturbs her, and then as soon as she thinks its safe, she's right back in her spot.

I wish I had more to update, but we're pretty much holding steady right now.  Pippa is relaxing more and more, and starting to act more like a "real dog" but it's going to be a long, slow journey!

And a quick OMG update!!!  Pippa just wandered out of her corner and in to the living room.  She peeked at me and when I said Hi, she scurried back to her corner.  But, she came out all on her own!!!!!


1 comment: