Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 21: Quiet Day

Day 21:  Today, I gave Pippa and Kipling a quiet day, as I was busy with stuff for work.  They seem to do better with a day off after a day of excitement.

Pippa spent most of the day in her corner, but she was sprawled out and relaxing.  She's back to going to her crate or going outside when I ask her to  She's been keeping her eyes on me and just watching to see what I'm going to do.  When I approach her, she just waits to see what's going to happen...am I going to pet her or ask her to move or offer her a treat.  Outside, she's very relaxed now and will trot around the yard exploring.  When I ask the dogs if they are ready to come in, she runs up to the door with everyone else.

Kipling has relaxed in his crate most of the day (with the door open) or explored the yard with Charm.  He has continued to come up and put his chin in the palm of my hand if I put my hand out and look away from him.  Tonight, I sat on the floor and petted him a bit.  He found that stressful, but seemed to start to relax a bit near the end.  He's getting braver about things...he is starting to explore and play with toys and chew on bones.

Both are making slow progress in their own ways, and I hope it will continue!

1 comment: