Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 6: Wandering around

Day 6:  This morning, Pippa decided to be a little crazy.  I had scooted her crate to the door and let her outside to potty.  I hadn't had a chance to move the crate out of the doorway yet, when Pippa decided she wanted back in.  I tried blocking her with my body, but she was determined, and she took a flying leap at the crate.  She somehow managed to scramble on top of and then over the crate to get back in the house.  Crazy girl!!!

After that drama, she was quite content to just hide in her corner for the morning.  I had to run out for a bit, so Pippa got picked up and carried to her kennel so I could leave.  When I got home, she was more than ready to come out of her crate.  Just to ensure that she actually went outside, I did my slide the crate to the door thing.  This time, as soon as she was out of the crate, I kicked it out of the doorway and shut the door.  Pippa went potty right away, and then wandered around the yard exploring until my dogs decided it was time to come in and get dinner.  When I let her in, she went straight for her corner again.  I fed everyone dinner, and she actually let me watch her eat for just a few bites!

This evening, Pippa showed me that she's perfectly capable of walking on my floors if the motivation is great enough.  I was doing laundry, and the laundry room is right near the corner she's picked as "her spot."  Apparently I was disturbing her, because she got up and walked in to the living room to her crate.  The crate door was shut and she walked all the way around it, trying to figure out how to get in.  I went over and opened the door for her, then stepped back and she scurried in.  She's been laying in her crate for an hour now, with the door open.

She is still very, very wary of me, but coming out of her shell little by little.




No comments:

Post a Comment