Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 4 - Holding Steady

Day 4:  Not much progress to report with Pippa today.  When she's inside, if I need her to move towards the crate or outside, I have to physically pick her up, and when I try to put her in a standing position, she just kinda folds in on herself.  I'm hoping that she will learn to stand up and actually walk when she's inside.  I know she's capable of it...I've seen her scurry from her crate to the corner of the hallway.  I've seen her walking around in the yard as well.  I've tried putting her feet under her and getting her to walk, and it just results in me dragging her along.  Neither of us is fond of that, so I'm just going to keep trying to get her to walk by standing her up and trying to guide her forwards.

Pippa is starting to perk up when I approach her.  Probably because every time I come near her I give her a treat of some kind.  When she first arrived, she'd try to bury her head in the wall whenever I approached or even looked at her.  Now, she kind of watches me to see what I'm going to do and see if I'm going to give her a treat.  She won't take anything except cheese spread from my hands.  All other treats, I have to drop on the floor in front of her, and once I'm out of her sight, she will eat the treat.

Charm. my young Brittany girl, tried to engage Pippa in play today.  Pippa just looked at Charm like she was crazy.  I will admit that yes, Charm is actually a bit crazy, so it was actually a perfectly valid look for Pippa to give Charm.  Sadly, Pippa didn't really understand that Charm wanted to play and so Charm gave up and went to find a toy.

I'm giving Pippa a break tonight and letting her stay in her corner without me.  I'll resume my hour of sitting with Pippa tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Am enjoying your posts. Even little steps are great progress. Hang in there !!!

    ReplyDelete